2. Use the £350 billion of government bonds held by the Bank of England to fund this and avoid another five years of austerity cuts.
3. Work with other governments to get co-ordinated international expansion of the world economy. No one country can completely fix a world downturn but the USA, Europe and Japan working together on expansion could.
4. Scrap the insistence on EU countries always and everywhere balancing their budget every year. Governments need to be able to counteract a downturn in the business cycle.
5. Print enough new money to stop deflation and get the economy moving, then cutback and balance the budget once expansion is underway.
6. Regulate the banks responsibly and use the government owned banks to increase lending to small and innovative business.
7. Foster small business and locally run enterprises.
8. Use the EU to provide an even playing field for businesses that apply high standards. End the incentive for the worst business practices to undercut the best.
9. Massively reduce carbon consumption so that the economy is sustainable and costs are cut.
10. Invest in new technology for energy production
If you want a growing economy - Vote Green
Andy Brown, Green Party Candidate for Skipton and Ripon.